Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Photo Challenge Week 10

For this weeks photo I pick one for St. Patrick's Day since it is really BIG down here.  I spotted this bale of hay decorated with a leprechaun on it on our way to Tybee Island.  This particular spot changes these with the seasons I guess because I remember one of Santa Clause in December.  I will have to keep my eye out to see what they do next!

Week 10: St. Patrick's Day March 12th
I didn't have any festive papers so I just used green and that works too!  I decided not to paint by the spine since I will have to take this apart because It doesn't close now and there is no way it will close when the year is done.  I will cover that area when I decide to take it apart.  Isn't the picture great?  The hat is constructed of a wood pallet and a box on top and the beard is branches from a pine tree so fun.  On the left side I cut one picture up and glued the hat to some chip board and attached it with a foam sticker so it would be raised then added green glitter around the picture.  I love the green glitter and it was funny that I found a radio station only playing Irish music called Shamrock 107.9 when I went to get the glitter, now how crazy is that!  It really puts you in the mood for St. Paddy's Day. I still think I will put something on the left page under the text because it just seems bare.  I just couldn't find anything that struck me so I will see about that later. Well, to all of you Happy St. Patrick's Day!! :)
xo
barb

No comments: