Sunday, March 13, 2011

Art Journal Challenge: Week 4

Well, I am starting to work on my art journal challenge pages again and I am really behind!  You just can't get behind on these types of things.  I got caught up on the photo challenge and should have done the current week's art journal page instead of thinking I needed to try to get caught up and not doing any of them.   I am going to start on the current week and then go back and catch up when I can, that way it won't continue to stay behind.

 Week 4: My Word For The Year Jan 29th

This week's challenge was on My Word for the Year and I chose TRUST.  I thought this fit because since we have moved to a new city and home and not sure what life will bring I just have to remember to trust God and know that he is in control.  Some days this is very challenging for me and I am not sure why we are here and I just want to go back home to Minnesota to everything that is familiar to me, so that is how I picked my word. 

This page took me awhile because it just wasn't turning out like I wanted and I walked away from it and had to come back and try again.  The cloud and hand of God idea came from a cartoon I kept from a newspaper over a year ago and thought it would work great for this challenge. The woman on the page is, of course, me and I just love doing female faces.  Why? not sure so you will see a lot of this type.  I am starting to see a pattern on how I paint them and I like that.  I used coordinating  scrapbooking paper for the clouds and one of a four sided stamp on the background.  I also, keep all different kinds of covers from soap to v8 bottles to make the circles.  To do them I just twist them in paint and then press them onto the page, I love the messy look it creates.  I have found that doing art journals has allowed me to keep things messy and not be so perfect, so this is a plus for me.  Thanks for stopping by and joining me in art class today. Blessings
xo
barb
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.
Proverbs 3:5

No comments: