Friday, March 4, 2011

Photo Challenge Bonus Page & Week 9

Well, I can tell you it is a wonderful thing to be caught up with this challenge, I can take my time and enjoy the process without thinking I am behind.  I am not sure how I will come up with photos of me for the bonus pages, but I just what to let you know that I feel funny being all by myself in front of my mirrors in the house trying to come up with that perfect shot! :) How silly.

Bonus Page: Charlie's Angels Feb month end.
I called this one Charlie's Angels because when I was gluing the photos down it just reminded me of that show for some reason (the three girls with guns instead of cameras).  I know this dates me but I liked that show back then when women got the job done! 
The picture on the right was edited in photobucket and as I was playing around with the different effects buttons and I liked this one, I think it was the fresco (sorry I did it a while ago and can't remember).  Also, I am finding it hard not to use the gems I just think they add something to every page.  I just love bling can't help it God made me this way so what is a girl to do. :)  The reason I used the one on the page on the right was to mark the beginning of the sentence.
Plus, I have to say it is weird to do so many photos of myself for these bonus pages since I really am not that stuck on myself. I think when my children look at this book when I am gone they will feel that I am with them and we can laugh together on how silly there mom was and I like that thought.

Week 9:  Pink Magnolia, March 5th
This page is just a beauty it just looks so girly and I love that, I am all about flowers and everything famine.  I loved taking pictures of this flower and was glad to meet a new neighbor in the process.  Wouldn't you just figure that the owner would be taking her dog for a walk and was just getting back home and here I was in her yard with a camera and she says "can I help you"?.  I would have to say that it was only three feet into her front/side yard and didn't think I was to over trespassing but I was on a mission. :) Well, we got to talking about all the flowering shrubs she had in her yard and she even gave me the tag off one of her pink magnolia trees just so that I could have it!  She was so nice and accommodating.  So to you Shirley, Thank you!

She told me before she went into the house that I was free to take some flowers home with me and I tried taking the two beauties that I mentioned in my last post but as I was trying to break the branch all the petals fell to the ground!  I decided that I would need to take one that wasn't fully open and it work so this is the one that made it back home with me.  As you can see this was taken in my bathroom where a lot of pictures are taken since that has the best lighting. :(  Go figure.

I was playing with different effects and loved these two. This one I used the spotlight effect and I like it because you aren't distracted by it being in the bathroom.

This one is my favorite and was edited in photobucket under the retro effects called old photo.  Do you just love the pink color tone? I am hooked, so vintage!! 

This is the result of me touching the flower the next day, all the petals fell off without barely touching it.  I guess I was glad to have taken the pictures the first day because I wouldn't want to go back and get another one so soon. :) I hope you have a great weekend!
xo 
barb

Pick a flower, hold your breath and drift away.
author: stone temple pilots

No comments: