Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Temporarily Closed

I have signed up to do an online art course with Brave Girls Club call "Soul Restoration 1" and I have been waiting for a month!!!! I am sooooo excited to be doing this course because it not only is art projects but soul restoration too.  So much healing and creating to be done for the next 8 weeks!!!  After going over the first weeks info yesterday, I have decided not to blog for the duration of this class because it is so personal.  I have decided to take out the things that take up my time and would pull me away from this class.  I want to give it my all and this will take much needed me time.  So before I go, I thought I would show you some pictures of my studio that I was working so hard on to clean up before this class began.  I am not completed but clean enough to feel at peace while I am working on this class's projects.

A side note regarding the title picture above "Art n Soul Journey":  I just love the way Melody Ross uses different things to deliver messages in her videos and blog posts and I have adopted this idea and hope its okay?.  Well, if I don't do anymore at least this one is fitting for the class I am taking.    I love words and art so this was just what I was looking for!!!!  She is sooooo like me and I love all her creative pieces she has done so colorful and expressive which is another reason for taking this class not to mention the whole soul restoration thing!!!


Also, while I was at the dollar store I was looking for a book with the right cover size to use for a class project and came across a book with kids alphabet letters on it too and I thought... I guess I am behind on the idea and was nothing new... but I think it  is cool and colorful. 

I have called mine "message boards" because I will not be putting any permanent messages on them so that I can reuse them thus the title.  The one at the top of the post is my first one and inspired by Melody.  You will have to read thru the Brave Girl blog so you can see all the ones she has used.   So creative!!!

Well, on to my studio.........

I got this chalkboard from my grandpa and it really means a lot to me. When we were little we would go to the farm in Warroad, MN for 2wks every year and I would love playing on this chalkboard in the coat room so I was thrilled when he said I could have it!!!!  I used it in our kitchen back in Minnesota forever and was sad when this place was so small that I couldn't put it up in the kitchen.  Then one day I got an idea "why not put it in my studio so that I could put messages on it"!!!!   It turned out to be a perfect fit on the door that  I leave open.  When I am sitting at the table all I have to do is look up and I see it, this made me so happy.  I love painting ladies as you all know so I had to put one on there, didn't she turn out cool?  I used the lady from a Belk's ad I kept from a year or so ago and she turn out just how I wanted it to look.  At first I wasn't happy with it because it just didn't have the detail then I came up with the idea of using a charcoal pencil and that was just what it needed and not permanent. 

My theme in this room is girly and the colors are pink and white so I had to paint the chalkboard white.  I like seeing all the colors of the chalk just sitting on the little shelf, so colorful.  Plus, I love the message I have on it now on Letting Go.  It says:  When one door of happiness closes, another one opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we that we do not see the one which has opened to us. Author- Helen Keller

I am a collector of vintage Christmas balls and have them out all year long in these glass jars.  I like seeing all the pretty colors and glitter and I am a collector of Susan Palsy Girls by Ganz.  I don't know what it is with women things all I can think is that I really love to minister to them some how.  These sit on a cabinet that hold magazines on the same side as the sewing machine.

I have stacked decorative floral tins on the left and my Shabby Chic/Decor books on the pedal.

I have a whole wall of all white frames and put some of my art work that I have done and some I didn't, it feels like a gallery.  Got the idea from the 700 restaurant art displays there.

These hands I had just stuffed away somewhere and while cleaning I came across them and thought how perfect for the "truth cards" I will be making in this class.  I did a sample so you could see what it would look like with one in.  Of course, I had to add some floral and it is sitting on the box that I will put all my cards in. Loved this Idea.  It sits on the table in front of me while I am working.

This is just a shot of some of the things sitting on my table, pen holder, salt n pepper shakers with glitter in them, and a lotion bottle that holds my ink well pen, and a glass bowl for misc items.

This shelf is on my left and is filled with things I use a lot and need to grab easily.  I was glad to find a container from the Dollar Tree that fit perfect.  So organized right?

This is on the bookcase behind me with items I have made and/or painted.

This is the other bookcase with my art books and some art I did on the top shelf.  I so enjoy all the neatness it really makes things so much more peaceful. 

Well, I hope you enjoyed my little tour and when I say little the room is the size of a closet.  I will miss all my friends but I hope you will understand my taking a little break, so take care to all of you and see you in 8 weeks!!

xo
barb

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love how your room turned out! What a beautiful spot for yourself to create!