Sunday, July 3, 2011

Attitude Adjustment Cure

I found the perfect thing to snap me out of an attitude funk and that is to go thrift store shopping, and that's just what I did!!!!!  Can you figure out what I bought that put a smile on my face and a dance in my step??? Check it out. Sorry pics aren't that great because it was taken inside.

I got it for $20.00....
snap closure....

leather handle....

has a cover....
Yep, you guessed it, it's a vintage sewing machine and not just a sewing machine but a singer!!!!  My first sewing machine was a singer and one day I hope to get the same one.  Yes, I got rid of it!!  To young and didn't know any better. Darn.

The cool thing about it is that it was made in 1964 and that was the year I was born!!! Cool huh?!  I looked online and found one and they called it a 1964 Singer 338 Iron Head Sewing Machine.
So, I say congrats to me!!  Well that's what it says in the little manual that came with it even if it's only 47yrs later and not brand new. Don't you just love the vintage lady so up my alley.

The color is great to robins egg blue well close to it.  This is everything that came with it.
The original manualwhich is fabulous so I know how to use it.

A foot control and cord that is in mint condition with the exception of dirt and a bag for the foot.

I love using vintage sewing machines and I always have one I can use.  The one that is replacing this one was a Belair which I am glad to get rid of (it reminds me of my first cigarette I smoke in 7th grade because they were Belairs.  My best friend snuck them from another friends dad, so bad I know).  It didn't have a protective lid, no manual, not an original box that it sat in and some of the functions didn't work including the bobbin winder. 

Here are some angle shots.

Glad it comes with a protective lid.  I just have to oil it before trying it out.  I did try it in the store just to make sure it turned on and used the pedal before buying and it did.  Well, I just wanted to to see my latest thrift store find and I love it!!!!  I know it's not reeeaaally old but who cares its a Singer and it was made the year I was born it just couldn't get any better then that.  Hope you all are having a wonderful 4th of July weekend.
xo
barb


No comments: