Thursday, March 3, 2011

Pink Magnolia Tree

Since we moved to Savannah last May this is the first spring I have seen here and now is the time for new flowers to bloom! I know we don't get the snow like the north but we do get the cold whether and lots and lots of cloudy days so this is spring to us and I am loving it!   I was out driving in our neighborhood yesterday trying to capture this pink blooming tree for my photo challenge for this week.  I had noticed it last week and wondered what kind it was, then to find out it is called a Pink Magnolia and what a beautiful scent, smells a lot like lilacs.  The magnolia is one of my favorite flowers, next to the peony & hydrangea, but only thought that it came in white so to see it in pink what a treat!!   Since my challenge only requires one photo (okay I do use more that one sometimes) :)  I thought I would do a post on these beauties.  They were taken on three different sites.

Love the clear blue skies next to the pink!

I have a White Magnolia flower that I painted in an outdoor painting class last year so I think I will try to paint a pink one as well since I think it is absolutely beautiful.

I love this shot because it shows the pink flower with spanish moss hanging from its branches with no leaves just bare twigs.

This one is pretty because of the pink flower, grey spanish moss, and the beautiful blue sky.

This was at another person's house.  These two were just beautiful together.

Absolutely beautiful!!! (now how many times did I say "absolutely beautiful" words just cannot describe them). I hope you have enjoyed these beauties as much as I do and now I can't wait to do my photo challenge.   Blessings to you today.
xo 
barb

Flowers whisper what words cannot say.
author: local florist

No comments: