Saturday, March 12, 2011

700 Drayton Restaurant

I thought I would do a post on the 700 Restaurant since that was part of my color inspiration for my header painting.  This was one of the places I wanted to go into because it was part of the Mansion Hotel.   When my sister came to visit we were heading downtown and I always park by the Mansion Hotel and walk because of the free parking but mainly because we can walk around and enjoy the site seeing and not worry about the meter.  So this day we were actually heading downtown but needed to stop at Forsythe Park Cafe to use the restroom but we found out that on Mondays they are closed, along with many shops, so into the 700 restaurant we went.  I was captivated the moment we walked in!!!!  This was right up my alley of interest that I just couldn't get over it.  After we were showed where the restroom was we came back out and asked if we could walk around and take pictures and they said sure, so we did!!!!  WARNING: Tania if you do not want to see this before you come skip this post!:)

The entrance had this colorful light and a sneak peak of a chandelier in the window.

This was the first inspiration I had for my header.  Orange, Dark Brown, and Leopard Print.  So Stunning when you first walk in.  This is the lounge.

Not sure what this is, bar maybe, in same room.

A small setting area off the fireplace.

Love these two chairs! Main Lobby

Do you just love the leopard print on the stairs?

I love the two tone curtains and how they twisted them for a nice effect.

This is on your way upstairs to the bar and three dining areas. I also, love the long chandelier of course! Also, I really need to learn how to use my camera with all the light coming in the windows, doesn't make for a perfect shot.

The walls are full of artwork and they are so colorful!!  The artwork looks great on this white wall and all white frames it just shows off all the colors and yes the wonderful chandelier.

This is at the top of the stairs and going into the bar.

I loved the orange fabric on the bar stools look great next to all the dark brown.  Plus, they way they have the stools tilted slightly and not just pushed straight in looks great two. 

Sitting area off the bar to the right. Love all the colorful curtains and accessories.

Of course I had to get in the shot. I pretended I was all dressed up with my pretty scarf and that I fit right in.

Another shot of the bar from the other side.

They had so many chandeliers and this one is so colorful hanging over the bar area.

This was on the left side of the bar a sitting area with a piano.

Could you just see yourself sitting and enjoying a nice glass of wine and listening to the piano player and just enjoying the atmosphere?

This is a hallway on the left as you come upstairs and wait for the picture of the room that is straight ahead.

The curtains where heavy brown velvet, so luxurious.  Plus, what a beautiful mirror.

Dinning area room one with blue chandelier.

Dining area room two.  I loved the dining area in the round corner, and of course, all that window light didn't help the picture much.

How unique is this chandelier?
Here is dining area room three and the one I spoke of earlier, this is my favorite one.  Do you just love the gold fruit.  When my sister saw this she new I would instantly love it and so she turned the lights on, she was so right.

I loved the color of the chandeliers and the over all look and of course the artwork so colorful!

Now we are heading back downstairs.

Oh, and this is Craig Carter who we got to chat with and who was so nice to talk to.  He was willing to spent some time with us and tell us a bit of the sites of Savannah. I would just love to have him as a friend!

I loved all the turns on the staircase along with the leopard print.

My sister Pam and the two fun chairs.  I know this wasn't her thing but she allowed me to browse every inch and I loved her for that!

Lighting in the hallway going to the bathroom.

This was another dining area on your way to the bathroom. 

Of course I love the chandelier!!!  I am in chandelier heaven here!!!!

This is a shot looking up into it but darn it didn't come out clear but pretty none the less.  The gold glass against the blue ceiling.  I am not sure if the ceiling was blue but cool in the picture.  I think I need to get rid of the exit sign kinda distracting in its pretty pink glare.

We are heading outside now and love the entrance with the beautiful light and curtains.

As you take a left coming outside you will come to this and way in the back is another area with, of course, a chandelier and another surprise.

I love the color of the white ceiling, the glass chandelier with its black prisms, and the orange brickwork.

Here is the surprise.  A fountain and how cool is she!!!

I love the twist it has and the umbrella with the water coming off of it. 

Here is a shot going back to the entrance.  I love all the white marble (I think it's marble) walkway.

Through the window was another dining area but I didn't take any pictures in there because there were people eating.  Maybe next time I will take a peek.

There is so much detail in this restaurant.  This is by the front step going into the restaurant.

This is the outside patio.

Oh, and do you remember we originally came in here for the restroom?  Well, do you just love the wash bowl?  I really wasn't dressed for such a beautiful experience but who cares I was in heaven!!!  I hope you have enjoyed this day trip and to my friend Tania this is the place I was talking about to go to and have lunch if you are interested, you know I will be so into going! :)
xo
barb

No comments: