Sunday, May 22, 2011

Sorry It's Taken

While going for a walk this morning on Tybee Island with my hubby, we came across this nice size shelland I said "Wow look at that one"!   When we came up to it of course someone was living in it, DARN!!  Most of the best shells you find on the beach are occupied with hermit crabs and if they weren't so ugly I would rip them out and keep the shell!  No I don't think I could do that but it sure sounds like a good idea. 
Look close at this picture and you can see him in there and can I say "it is so ugly and creepy looking" I couldn't even touch it. So again, we leave it and walk away.  We must have seen 8 other perfect shells and they were all taken over with hermit crabs.

Last year (when we were just newbies here) we found a nice white shell on the beach just like this one and brought it home. We did look it over but didn't see anything in it.  We put the shell on a shelf above the sink and I would keep finding it in the sink.  I would think to myself why is this always in the sink?  Well, after a few days it started to smell and it took a few days to figure it out that there was something living in the shell!!  Can I say Pee U!!!!  Now we always check to see if something is living in them before we bring them home, but why can't they pick a little less attractive shell and leave some of the good ones for us!:)
xo
barb

No comments: