Sunday, May 8, 2011

Flowers And Candy

What could be a better combination than flowers and candy for Mother's Day!!  I was surprised by flowers sent from my daughter and then to my wonderful surprise my favorite candy from my loving hubby.
The gold wrapped one is my favorite it has a hazelnut in the center, surrounded by creamy chocolate, and a outer shell that has crushed hazelnuts all the way around.  The only way you can truly enjoy this delight is to pop the whole thing in your mouth and just savor the experience.  I haven't had the silver wrapped one before so I can't wait to try it since it has coconut in it and I love coconut.  You know I just had to take the pictures and make sure it was just what I wanted before I could indulge so after this post I will be savoring the round ball delights!! :)

This morning we took a walk on the beach and to our surprise I found this wonderful starfish!  We hadn't found one like this before so it was our first and was glad we got to experience it together.  We had seen one before when our friend Tom found one but you know you just love it when you spot one.  In this picture I am holding the starfish on its back so you can see the underside.  It is so bright and beautiful and I just love the moving legs.

This is the view on the front and you can see it would be hard to spot it but I found it upside down with the bright orange showing.  So after a few pictures we put him back in the water and headed back to our car.  It was a wonderful morning and the weather was just perfect.  I hope all you mom's have a wonderful Mother's Day and thanks for stopping by to see just a glimpse of mine.
xo
barb
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
 8 Love never fails.

1 Corinthians 13:4-8

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a nice mom's day for you!
I have found ONE thing we don't have in common! I don't like coconut!
Happy Mother's Day Barb