Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Art Journal Challenge Week 14

Well, as you know I am not doing to good on my weekly challenge.  I never thought I would have so much trouble, but I will keep going even if it is done a little slower.  I started this page a few weeks ago and only finished it today.  The lighting was terrible and with a new camera I am not satisfied with the color of the photo.  It really is a lot whiter but had to tone down just to get the magazine pieces to show up.



Week 14: Finders Keepers, April 9th
This challenge was on collecting things and of course I knew just what I wanted to add to my page.  VINTAGE!!!   The page started out with a magazine picture of the lady already glued down so I wanted to incorporate it and new just where to place the collage items. 
The reason I chose to do white/cream around the collage items is so that they would stand out.  Then I used a ink well pen and wrote the description of the things I like to collect all around the page.  This is only a small amount of things I like to collect but these were perfect for the page so feminine to go with the lady's face.  I used Distressed ink in Walnut, rubber stamps for the words "Finders Keepers", blue acrylic paint, and clear stamps for the date.  Thanks for stopping by, you know I love our visits.
xo
barb

No comments: