Sunday, May 29, 2011

Grandkids, Ice Cream, & Sparklers

On Thursday I drove up to South Carolina so that I could see my grand kids before they move and to see my granddaughter receive an award on the schools morning show on Friday.  I met my daughter at the hotel that we would be staying at and then headed over to pickup the kids.  We decided to bring them to McDonald's and get them ice cream cones and then go to a playground so they could just have fun.  So off to McDonald's we go.  This was the first time Caleb got to go with us because he was just so shy but finnaly he decided to come and he was so excited.

I almost forgot to take pictures of them eating the cones and was so glad when it popped into my head.  Austin is always the joker and fun to see what he does in front of the camera.

Cheyenne is so sweet and always has to sit next to me which I just love.

Caleb was fun to watch because he just wouldn't care if he got ice cream up his nose and this one wasn't the one that really got up his nose but didn't capture that one, darn.  He couldn't keep up with the melting so he ate what he wanted then played and ate some more.

As I said Austin is the joker so I just love these pictures.

Cheyenne had to get into the crazy picture taking too.  They are so fun to be around you just never know what to expect.

The kids weren't sure of the sparklers at first but when they got the hang of it they had so much fun.

Austin was funny because he had to have his water bottle strapped on at all times, I suppose in case he needed to put out the fire.

Cheyenne notices the little things and loves to have her picture taken and what a cutie she is.  She said she was the Statue of Liberty.

I had this picture taken just before we left after the sparklers and loved how it turned out. It is always a trick to get all the kids to have the perfect smile at the same time so when you get them doing their thing it really makes for the best shot.  I did some saturation effects on this one because it was very grainy when taken but this I like.  We had a wonderful evening and I loved every minute.
xo
barb

No comments: