Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Changes

Life is full of changes and some of them aren't so easy.  With so many moves in the last 3 years it can really test your faith in God, wondering is this really where we are supposed to be?
 
We lived in the same house for twenty years in a neighborhood you felt safe in and loved and now everything has changed and uncertain.  Now we are in a new state, house, neighborhood, climate, and everything else that goes with it. 

As I was looking for a verse for this picture, this one kept coming back to me to use "they were glad when it grew calm, and he guided them to their desired haven".  We have always wanted to live near the ocean and now that we do we can say that God has brought us to our desired haven but it wasn't easy getting here.  We do face challenges all the time but I think that if God gave us everything we wanted or needed we might think we don't need HIM, so hence the challenges.  

I loved the way it turned out and new I would use it in the scripture and a snapshot. It has been easier for my husband to adjust so that is why I wanted him to be looking at the ocean so as to show his peace.  I am the one who needs reassuring so with my face turned and looking I represent the need to seek God with all the changes and ask for peace and safety.

This picture was taken on Tybee Island as we watched the beautiful sunset.  I used the monochrome setting, (which states it takes the picture in single color and this was supposed to be in blue).  May this be an encouragement to you in your changes in life.
xo
barb

No comments: