Saturday, May 21, 2011

Finding Safety

When I read this verse it reminds me that my safety is staying close to God, where I can build a life and family knowing I will be watched over with our lives.  So many times I forget this and am thankful that the Lord will send this verse to me when I need it most. 
I am in the process of finding a church to attend so that I may find the strength, encouragement, love, and peace that fellow believers can give....which is how God shows us his love through them which is a way to stay close to him.
The NIV Life Application Study Bible commentary says:
84:1-4
The writer longed to get away from the bustling world to meet God inside his dwelling place, his holy temple.  We can meet God anywhere, at any time.  But we know that going into a church building can help us step aside from the busy mainstream of life so we can quietly meditate and pray.  We find joy not only in the beautiful building but also in the prayers, music, lessons, sermons, and fellowship.
I pray that you have a wonderful weekend and thanks for stopping by to spend time with God and His Word, may it be an encouragement to you. (Picture taken in my studio with my favorite birdcage, nest, ceramic eggs {made my me}, and the beautiful flowers from my daughter for Mother's Day. Camera setting on a low saturation to give the shabby chic effect.)
xo
barb

No comments: