Friday, February 25, 2011

Photo Challenge Week 6 & 7

Well, I am finally caught up with just one to do for this week.  You really need to stay on top of it in order not to get frustrated and quit.  I really enjoy doing all the pages so I really had to take some time to do the pages.  Week 6 is a valentine theme and did take some time because of the removable heart card.

Week 6:  Be Mine Feb. 12th
This page really has a lot going on but cute none the less.  I decided that I wanted to include a mini valentine card that was to be kept in a pocket.  I just love pink so this was fun and the more sparkle the better!!  I spotted this cool picture when I was going to our storage unit.  It is a store across the street and just plain fun, so across the street I went and captured this picture for my challenge.

The little girl and boy are cut out from a scrapbook paper I got while shopping with my sister and Tania may recognize it from her heart box we did together.  I just wanted a little vintage to add and this was perfect. I added red glitter around the edge and stamped 'valentine' on it.

This is the back of the card, I wanted to add a sentiment as if it really was going to someone.  The card turned out so cute and looks great in it's pocket.


Week 7: Sand Dollar Feb. 19th
This is the day that I found a large sand dollar and was so excited about so I just had to include it in this challenge. It is simple but after doing last weeks it was a nice break.   I love cutting out portions of a photograph it just looks fun on the page and I really need to get creative since the pages aren't that big.    I need to find my cutter set also so I can do different shapes.  Blessings.
xo
barb
Art is a piece of the heart and soul that come together to form something beautiful.
author:  gabrielle jean murphy



No comments: