Thursday, February 17, 2011

Photo Challenge Week 3 & 4

I now I am a little behind with my photo challenge since I took a break when my sister came and two many things to be done after she left but now I will try to get caught up.  The pictures didn't turn out that great since it was so late in the day and it required a flash so I will change them.

 My focus for these two pages are  on snow since it had been talked about so much on the news and since I am originally from the north.


Week 3Blue Toe Polish & Snowflakes Jan 22nd
I own these two beautiful tree top snowflakes that I use as decor during the winter and thought I would be a nice backdrop to my feet.  If anyone knows me I am one to take pictures of my feet and anyones feet that are with me at the time I bring my camera out. :)  I am not really sure when it started but it is something that has stuck with me so you will see plenty of feet. 

Last year I did a picture like this with red toe polish for cmas and thought since it is about snow I decided to paint my toenails blue and paint snowflakes on them.  So the birth of the page. On the page on the left I wrote about the color blue representing snow and on the right I wrote a poem.  I also added some bling and stickers it turned out so cool especially when I cut around my feet to remove the snowflake it just made my feet stand out.

The text says: Those we love are the snowflakes of life.  None are the same, each is beautiful, and all bring something special to our world.


Week 4Create Sand Angels Jan. 29th
This page's idea came from my grand kids when pictures were sent to me on them building a snowman and making snow angels.  I thought we may not have snow but we do have white fine sand so to the beach I went with my hubby and camera.  I am so glad that he is willing to participate in my adventures! :)   I just love the circle snowflake with my cutout picture in it and with more bling around it. I did forget to and the words Sand Angels under the word Create so I will change photo when I complete.

The text says: On the news all they are talking about is all he snow stroms in the north but here in Savannah, GA we only have cold and cloudy days.  My hubby and I went to Tybee Island because I wanted to make a sand angel for my photo challenge but the funny thing was when we got there it stared to snow.  Now how cool is that?  It was high tide so there really wasn't a beach to speak of so I made my way to the path leading up to the shore and took of my shoes, laid down and began to move my arms and legs while my hubby began to take pictures.  Can you imaging that scene?  Then wa-la angel!  Mission accomplished.

I will post week 5 & 6 when I complete them and then on to the art journal challenge.  Thanks for stopping by and blessings to you.
xo

barb

Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time.
author:  Thomas Merton

No comments: