Thursday, February 10, 2011

Valentine Decor

I thought I would show you some of my valentine decor that I put up. Not done up to fancy since I got it up late but I hope you enjoy and you can never have to much floral and pink!

 

 I loved my snowflake towels and wasn't ready to take them down so I just added my pink towel to them.


Love the windows but doesn't look as good when you have large stained glass and beaded items but love them anyway.  Can you tell it was raining that day, waiting for spring to come with more sun shinning!

These are my valentine type dishes, I do use them year round with some other colored plates and bowls but pretty when I just do the floral and reds and love the wooded drying rack.


This is a revised vintage 1934 cookbook from Hershey's and I absolutely love this page with the heart shaped cake and of course all the pink!  I change the pages all the time because of all the vintage pictures.

This is my new calendar for 2011 for the kitchen and it is all about cupcakes how pretty is that!  This will be the first year that we don't have a fleet farm calendar since you can only get them in Minnesota but hey sometimes you just need to move on.

This is my Thimbleberries Valentine panel from the Cover Story series.  My friend Tania got me hooked on these and I love them! I know you cannot see the valentine card she is holding very good but I have added some beads and embroidery around it, so pretty in the light.


This is one of my favorite baskets and change it all the time but since I can't find all my val. decor it is a little bare.  The pink candy heart box with the plastic flower is from my husband, he gave it to me when I was 14yrs old.  This was my first heart box I received and it has comes out every year for the last 32 years!

You cannot really appreciate this rose plate but the edges and the rose are silver and a bit tarnished but very beautiful and next to that in my floral frog holder is a vintage valentine card I got at an antique store a couple years ago.  I collect vintage cards.

Flowers from my hubby from the past few years.  He surprised me with silk flowers one year and the idea of them not dying was wonderful, so he bought me more last year too.  The variety is pretty and one year he bought me a real bouquet that was called skittles and this reminds me of them with all the different colors.  I have placed them in a crystal vase from Miksa and have them on display on my coffee table with a few other items.  The large book I got for cmas and is by Tim Walker and I change the pages everyday and have picked a floral one since it is valentines coming up after all.  Also, I will be doing a blog on just the heart box and photo book on the table because it was one thing that my sister Pam absolutely loved.  Thanks for stopping by.
xo
barb

All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and them doesn't hurt.
author: Lucy Van Pelt



No comments: