Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Mission Sale, Garage Sale, & Antique Store

An adventure with my sister Pam when she was visiting.  We started out on a mission to find beads to make ornaments that she made years ago but it ended up like this. 

As we were driving down Victory Drive Pam spoted a huge yard sale and she said "oh Barb there's a sale lets stop. So around the block we went and headed to the Savannah Mission Sale.  They had lots of things to look at and I ended up buying a few things.


These are the ornaments we were trying to make.

Savannah Mission Sale

Vintage ornaments, angel face ornament, and a country style jar is what I bought.  The angel caught my eye because I used to make faces like these and put them in jars and call them pressure headaches.

This is one of my favorite houses on Victory Drive so how cool was it to see the back yard!  The house was right next to the Savannah Mission House.  The couple said that they have owned it for 10yrs and I think they said it was built in 1904 and it took two years to build.

Because there was a sale I had Pam take pictures of me in the front of the house pretending it was mine, and yes I was wearing the new scarf I bought.

Going to the back yard and looking at all the beautiful detail it has.

The back yard, love the fountain, and table n chairs.

Back of the house looking from the garage.

By the back door how pretty, something I would diffently do if I lived here!

This is the table and chairs I loved.  They really didn't have a whole lot but I did buy a few things.

I bought a beautiful rose scarf (pink of course), a soap dispenser (it is a oil/vinager bottle that she use for dish soap), and a beaded angel ornament.

I just loved the angel ornament since it reminded me of a chandlier. Beautiful!

We didn't find the beads we wanted at JoAnn's so we headed to a antique store on the way to Hobby Lobby.

This is what I found at this antique store that I had to have and Pam bought for me while I was going to the restroom.  She is so sneaky it was only $2.00.  It is a wooden mirror (with beveled edge on glass) which I haven't seen before and one that I probably would have owned in that time period and only dreamed of having the ornate silver/gold ones.

I am going to use it as a coster by my bed. They had it displayed like that and I thought what a good idea since it is completely flat.

We never did find the beads we needed to do the ornamnets but we had a wonderful day none the less.
xo
barb
For there is no friend like a sister in calm or stormy weather; to cheer one on the tedious way, to fetch one if one goes astray, to lift one if one totters down,
 to strengthen whilst one stands.
author - Christina Rossetti

No comments: