Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sunny Days & Sand Dollars


It has been wonderful the last couple of days sunny and warm and perfect for spending time at the beach.  I spent the afternoon on Friday just sitting in my beach chair and looking at magazines, it was wonderful!  I got my first sunburn of the year and I didn't think it could happen in Feb. but I guess I am in the south and not the north.

Saturday was just as sunny and warm and my hubby and I headed for the beach.  It was really low tide and I mean the lowest we have ever seen so we got to walk to places we hadn't before. 


Me and my hubby.


On normal days this is all under water.

Some places when we walked we would sink past our ankles and that was weird. 

Then I spotted what I thought was a horseshoe crab but when I got closer it was this large sand dollar!!!
I was so excited because of the size and so wanted to keep it which is what I said I wouldn't do about the starfish.  So I was glad I brought my camera!!!  I wasn't going to bring it at first but decided to bring it now I am sooooo glad it did!
This shot was cool because you can see my hubby taking the picture.

And yes I had to take a foot shot.

I just couldn't get over the size of it since the ones we found before were so much smaller.

It was a wonderful day and we ended it with a steak dinner, a glass of wine, and a log in the fireplace.  Life couldn't get any better.  Blessings
xo
barb

My you always have a shell in your pocket and sand between your toes.
author: Unknown

No comments: