Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Photo/Scrapbooking Challenge: My Cover & Week One

I am doing two challenges this year and this one is a photography one consisting of 52 photos and 52 scrapbooking/art journal pages.  I am not originally a scrapbooker but I do love the whole idea of it so I decided to try to make a mini one.  I will take one photo a week, whatever inspires me, and scrapbook that one.  Again I love to use old books so I have picked a daily date book for this challenge because it already has the dividers for each month, how cool is that.  I new just what I wanted on the cover and it turned out like I planned. Yea.  The girl with the camera is not me though I would love that camera.  I am not done with all the pages working up to the first week but I will show you anyways.

This is what the cover looked like before well not exactly I forgot to take a picture of the cover but luckily it had the exact one on a different month.


After:  I save all kinds of pictures from magazines and these ones seemed vintage looking to me and black and white like I wanted.  I have included some scrapbooking paper on the edges and computer generated words. 

This is what the book looks like on the inside before I create.

You know I have to include my favorite stamp so here she is, I will use her more than once!   The first page with the text on left is basically explaining the challenge and why I started one.   I am thinking on putting the words "contents" here because it does tell you whats on the inside.  The words "Live Boldly" is actually from the person who has done this book so I may leave it in.  I will show you the pages when I complete them.

The page on the left has a wonderful pocket that I will use for my pictures or collage items I want to add. I love the lady so vintage.  On the right side I have included part of my photo receipt when I got the picture for my first page developed, i may include some of these as I go through the year.

Week One:  Dinner With Friends, Jan. 8th
Dinner with Friends
Since I started this in the second week I had to think of a picture I had taken for the first week and of course the dinner at the Shrimp Factory when Tom and Tania came to visit.  I had used part of the take home menu for some of my collage items.  Tania's dish was one of my favorites and luckily it had this in the menu. They also had just the title of my dish so I included that too.   It turned out so cute.   I used scrapbooking paper, stamps, and acrylic paints.  I am so excited for this challenge because it is something I feel I can accomplish.  
Until next week's.
Live, Love, and enjoy Life Always. 
xo
barb

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great idea I love it!