Monday, January 10, 2011

Let it Snow

Hello to you,  I am attempting to post my first blog and really not sure how everything works yet so there will be lots of changes.  My first blog is all about snow, yes snow!  I currently live in the south where you rarely see snow but I lived all my life in the north with plenty of freezing, chilling to the bone, white everywhere snow.  I have to say I do miss the first snow fall of the year and the sound of the snow crunching under your feet as you walk but I don't miss how long it lasts.  One of  the prettiest snow scenes is when every single branch on every three has snow stuck on it after a snow fall, now that is breath taking. 

Here's a childhood memory: it was one of those days, when it was really cold, that i decided to try to stick my tongue on a cold metal fence bar just to see if it sticks and boy does it stick!  Now everyone tells you not to do it because it will hurt but you do it anyway.   Now you ask why would anyone in their right mind even think to do it I would have to say its a northern thing everyone knows about it but not everyone does it.  I guess that day I just had to try but the worst part is pulling your tongue off and yes that really hurts!   Well at least I can say that I did it and no I won't do again.

Since there has been snow falling where my grand kids are (South Carolina) so they sent me some pictures of there fun filled day I hope you enjoy.


They are so proud of there large snowman

Caleb


Cheyenne

Austin

Of course you always need to make snow angels.

I  love to turn pictures into black and white sometimes
it can really change the look.


They normally don't get this much snow so they totally enjoyed it and so did I.

No comments: