Sunday, January 30, 2011

Yea My Sister is Here!

My sister Pam came into town on Friday and will be staying here for 10 days!  We have so many things we want to do so we will see how much we actually get done.  On Friday Chris & I headed to the Savannah airport to pick her up at 11:06pm.  From there we went to our house so she could drop off her luggage and see the house, then we got back into the car and headed to Tybee Island to take a walk along the beach.  After we finished our walk we headed back home, since it was a very long day for her since she had to get up at 3:30am just to get to the Minneapolis airport, we ended our day sitting on the couch and teaching her how to knit.  Here is our day in pics.


Savannah Airport


I was so glad to see her!


I was telling myself that I wasn't going to cry but I couldn't help it.


This was a beautiful fountain outside of the airport.




I just loved the angel at the top holding the world with the planes circling and the flag in the background. It was such a beautiful sunny day.




When we got to Tybee Island Pam had to immediately take of her shoes and put on her flip flops, as you can see I didn't.


I was so glad that Chris had Friday off so we all got to enjoy our day all together.  I love this picture of us all.


I am reading from a 1958 Stitchery book on how to knit.  Pam wanted to learn how to knit the Continental way.  I knit the English way so we had to look it up, my sister Cindy knits this way and she wanted to learn that since it is a faster way to knit. Also, if you are wondering what is that spot on my shirt it was from eating a snickers bar, I tried to whip it off but it just made it worse.


All in all we had a wonderful first day and still can't believe she is here!  Tomorrow we are heading downtown Savannah to check out City Market.
xo
barb

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Lucky you to have your sister come for a long visit. Love your new knitting needles! Have a great time.

cindy said...

Boy I sure wish that I could have been there Too! !ooks like you had a lot of fun. I have to say thati too really love the needles.