Monday, January 24, 2011

A Lovely Starfish


On Sunday Chris and I went for a walk on the beach when we came across a starfish.  You see it was low tide and it was in a little pocket of water just for us to see.  At first we thought it was dead but when we picked it up and turned it over you could see all the little legs moving.  Of course, I make sure now to bring my camera wherever we go because you just never know what you will see even if it is just for a walk.  So yea I got it on camera before we let it go,  poor little guy stuck in that pond.

It matches the sand so perfectly that you would almost miss him.

It was funny that when you turn him over how much the color change there was.  Also, the little feet felt rough on your hand.  At first when you pick it up it feels weird because it is kinda flimsy not like the ones you buy in the souvenir shops all dried and pretty.

And if anyone knows me I just had to take my shoes off and get in the water with him and take foot pictures, I mean really how cool does that look my little buddy.

This was what he looked like when we put him back in the deeper water by the jetties he looks so happy in his new home.  Then BAAM he's pulled out of his new home and tossed into someones plastic bag!!!  I just new it was going to happen since the couple was a little ways behind us I just didn't think they were watching.  I was just a little upset by this since you know the mother hen in me just wants to let him live.  I told Chris we should have given him a flying leap in the air and sent him out to sea and he said oh sure hurt the poor guy.  I told him well it would have been better than dead!  Well, I can tell you next time we find any starfish I am tossing them out to sea and that will be a sign of love. 
xo 
barb

No comments: