Thursday, June 9, 2011

Under The Tuscan Sun

I just got done watching this movie and I have to say it is going on my list of favorites!  I am captivated by its story and just love where it is filmed, so beautiful.  If you haven't seen this film do it, it is so worth it.   Well, that's of course, if you like chic flicks. It moves me every time and gets me thinking, funny how watching a movie can set your mood for that moment.  Well, today I just wanted to share what has moved me about this film and how I see it applied to my life.

Under The Tuscan Sun follows San Francisco writer Frances Mayes (Diane Lane) to Italy as a good friend offers her a special gift - ten days in Tuscany.  Once there, she is captivated by its, beauty and warmth, and impulsively buys an aging, but very charming villa.  Fully embracing new friends and local color, she finds herself immersed in a life-changing adventure filled with enough unexpected surprises, laughter, friendship and romance to restore her new home - and her belief in second chances. Wow, doesn't that just draw you in?

I could so do the same thing!  I am very impulsive and would just love a house like that with all the old furniture left and to restore it to it's original beauty.  What an adventure!  I love adventures and all that it gives and the changes it can make in your life. 

One of the things I like about the move is that she is a writer and the way things are said.  I have always loved poems, quotes, and sayings and wish I had the talent to produce them.  One of the sayings that captured me was a scene at the end when it said:

They say they built the train tracks over the alps between Vienna & Venice before there was a train to make the trip.  They built it anyway, they new one day the train would come.  In the arbitrary turning along the way and I would be elsewhere, I would be different.  What are four walls anyway, they are what they contain, the house protects the dreamer.  Unthinkably good things can happen even late in the game, it's such a surprise.

This makes me cry every time, I think about all the changes we have gone through, all the uncertainties, and still I cling to that this is where God wants us even though some days I don't think so.  So, as they built the tracks for the train, we build a new life in a new home, a new state, in hopes that God will reveal to me his master plan for my life personally knowing one day it will come.  I want to be changed and to touch lives in a personal way just as Frances did but with all my creativity to go with it. So, I continue on day by day trying to find the path that God has for me and hope I see it when it comes.
xo
barb

No comments: