Thursday, June 16, 2011

Lemon Water


You have heard me before that I like poems, quotes, and sayings and everytime I watch Under The Tusan Sun it inspires me to write something.  I know I am not a poet/writer but who are they anyway?  It is a person that writes down what they are thinking and feeling at the moment and sometimes it rhymes and sometimes it doesn't at all, but it always has a story or a meaning behind it.  So I say write something if you feel the need, enjoy the process and feelings it creates, and don't let anyone discourage you.

I love the scene in the movie where Francis is helping a guy write a postcard to his mom and what she says is what inspired me to write my saying on lemon water.  I am going to write down what she says but I have no idea how to spell any of the places or landmarks but I will write it anyways so you see were I am coming from.  

The Postcard says:  Dear Mom,  It's market day in Qwatona and the pi-ot-saw is an ongoing party and every ones invited.   Chot-sa's converge at this natale of the world you almost want to laugh but you can't help feeling these Italians know more about having fun than we do.  I eat a hot grape from the market and the violet sweetness breaks open in my mouth, it even smells purple.  I wish I could stay here longer but the bells on Cantibee reminds me of time.  Ding Dang Dong the bells says instead of ding, dong.  I wish you were here.
                                      Love Rodney. 

As I was listening to her I noticed how she describe what she saw, heard, felt, and tasted at that moment and wrote about it.  That is how I approached my experience with drinking my lemon water and especially paid attention to the part with the grape she ate. At that moment in the scene I had just gotten a glass of lemon water so I paused the tape and wrote about that, so here it goes.


LEMON WATER

As I pick up the cool wet glass

I hear the sound of the ice cubes

making their melody with each move I make.

I gaze upon the beautiful bright yellow lemon wedge

as I take a sip on the small clear straw

  I feel the chill of  the water going into my mouth


and onto my tongue, 

and then the moment I always wait for...

the taste of the lemon juice

 which is so clean & refreshing


tantalizing my mouth with every swallow I make.

I think to myself at that very moment

 is there anything more statisfying to quench my thirst


then this and I smile and


put the glass back down on its pink and purple


fabric coaster.


author: barbara lynn

So could you visualize the expericne yourself?  Well, try without the pictures I put in (you know I had to have pictures). I was taking a tiny scene and putting it into words and I liked it not because it was good but because instead of always thinking about writing something myself I actually did it and that was the satisfy part.  Even if I don't write another one I will have accomplished one of my dreams and that makes me happy.  So if you have had the same thoughts but never thought you were good enough, write it anyways because it is just for you at that very moment and no one else. 
xo
barb
Don't limit yourself. Many people limit themselves to what they think they can do.  You can go as far as your mind lets you.  What you believe, remember, you can achieve.
author: Mary Kay Ash

No comments: