Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Another Train!!!!

So what tests your patience in this world we live in?  I have to say semi's and TRAINS!!!!   Where I live there are tons of both and I am encountered with this test many times a week.  I try to pass the semi's which most of the time I can't especially when there are one in each lane and they control the speed!!!  Trains are the other because they rarely are short!!

So as I was going to pick my son up to do laundry yesterday morning, wouldn't you know my patience would be tested.  As I sat there all frustrated watching all the cars go buy it dawned on me I missed the opportunity to get a picture of the train as it just started to cross the tracks.  There wasn't anyone in front of me so I had a  good shot.  I was so close to cross the tracks and for a split second I thought of going around the track arm because the trains don't move that fast and I thought I could make it, but decided not to do it. 

Although, a couple of weeks ago I did chance my life on not sitting through another train.  I could see the train coming ahead and noticed a white truck in front of me who had the same idea so I followed his lead.  I took the same detour he did and just barely made it across the tracks because there is a stop sign just before you cross!!!!!  Boy was that close but I don't think I would do it again.  I was thinking, as I was crossing and looking at the train with it's one head light on and so close to me, hey this would have been a great shot through the passengers seat window! Can you believe it?  I am risking my life and I want a picture.  Boy has blogging chained me.  Well,  the train was about 6' to 10' feet away when I passed and I still couldn't believe I was doing it,  so this day I decided to wait.

Car after car it goes as you wait hoping you would see the little caboose to end your frustration.

Then to top it off after about 30 - 40 cars the train comes to a complete halt and starts going back the same way it started!!!!!   I would say this just gets my goat!  You sit there forever and then you have to sit while it goes back to where it originally came from!!  Now why do they do that?  What is the point of it all?  Well, at that moment I certainly was glad I didn't have a Christan symbol stuck on my car because it wasn't pretty!!!  Mouth and arms were going and I wasn't proud of it either.

Then after I calm down I say "hey if it goes all the way back I could get those pictures I wanted and sure enough it went all the way back and I got to capture it on film!!  So would this really be considered a blessing or a test?

So now I wait.....

and wait.....

and wait.....

and wait for the arms to go up being frustrated all over again because the train is far enough to have the arms go up, they just stay down!!!!  As you can see some of the people behind me just weren't going to wait anymore. 

More vehicles go from both sides as I just wait for the arm to go up!!!

Then FINALLY it goes up all my frustration and cursing comes to an end and after I pass the tracks I am loaded with quilt on thinking I didn't handle that really well did I and ask God to forgive me!!!!!!  Test FAILED!!!
Thanks for allowing me to do some venting I do feel better and am glad you are there for me regardless of my shortcomings. 
xo
barb

This wasn't just plain terrible, this was fancy terrible.  This was terrible with raisins in it. :)
author: Dorothy Parker

No comments: