Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Grandkids Visit

It was a blessing to have the grandkids for a few days!  We had so many things we wanted to do but didn't get to do them all, time just got away from us.  They have so much energy from the time they get up until they go to bed and that was something we had forgot about with young children.  They wore us out and on the first night, my hubby said the next morning, that "I don't remember putting my head on the pillow!!!  I just had to laugh because I saw him sleeping in the living room chair as I was playing dress up with Cheyenne and new that he was done for the day.   

We had found out that they will be moving to Fort Campbell (parents are in the Army) which is on the border of Tennessee and Kentucky at the end of June!  This came with much sadness since they currently live just 3hrs away and now it maybe about 10-12hrs away!  So since the kids were on spring break we had a chance to have them here for a few days.  So here are some of my favorite pictures and ones I will cherish.

They are just so lovable and that is a real treat for me!!

Austin is always so full of smiles and funny too!  This was taken at the Crab Shack in the gift store.  He just had to put on the hat and when he spotted the crabs in a bucket he grabbed two and we just had to get a picture!!

They so enjoyed seeing the alligators at the Crab Shack too.

This was one thing that Cheyenne had to have done while she was here was her fingernails and toenails!! She is such the girly girl and I just love that about her!!!  We had to paint flowers on them and we had to match to she said!  And of course it had to be pink because that is her favorite color and mine too!!! 

She really loves to play dress up and loved all the things I had for her to play with.

  Do you just love this pose?  She loves to pose for me and that is wonderful because you know I love to take pictures.  She loved the beaded gloves and the large diamond ring and the Cinderella dress but bummer that the flash from the camera was there.

My hubby had a guy project for him and Austin and that was to build a bird feeder for him to take home.  My hubby got up early to drive around the neighborhood just to find the right size log for this project!!! Our neighbor, who loves to help us with all kinds of things, took all our fallen limbs to the dump so that is why we didn't have any.

The completed project and doesn't he look proud! They had to drill holes in the log and put peanut suet in them and put a hanger on the top to hang, pretty simple but something for him to remember he did with his grandpa.

They loved playing on the old chalkboard.  I got this from my grandpa a long time ago and was the one I used to play on when I was there age.  The picture they did together was just for me (I didn't know they were doing it), and something I will cherish.  I just wish I had a picture of me at their age playing on it.  I also, would do ladies faces so it was funny that they chose to do that too.

When I took them to see the very large mermaid at the Fish Art place, I parked in front of these hearts and said I need to take a picture of them when we leave.  The funny thing was that Austin remembered and wanted to be in the picture. 

Ryan got to spend Sunday with us and he just loved every minute of it!!  He hadn't seen them in 2yrs so this was special for him too.  They would fight over who got to sit next to him!!

They loved feeding the birds and the park!!!  They thought it was fun to throw the bread up and see the seagulls catch it in the air.

Cheyenne really loved the beach and wanted to go everyday if she could.  She is holding up some shells she got from the sand.

Austin had to get buried up to his neck and wanted to do this more than once!!  He is so much fun to watch.

Cheyenne wanted to do this too since Austin was doing it but she wanted to be a mermaid!!  Girls and boys think so differently don't they?  I thought this turned out just perfect and she thought so too.

On the way back home to drop off the kids, I had to stop at the Fireworks Shop to get a picture of them with the elephants and they thought this was so much fun!!  They each got one and Cheyenne thought it was great that there was a pink one.  I just love this picture of them. 

It was so wonderful to have them and to have these memories of all of us together.  We met their parents half way at a McDonald's and sat and chatted a bit before parting.  The thing that really tugged at my heart was when we said we should be going and Austin grabbed both of my legs and stoped me and looked up at me and said "I don't want you to go and said I love you"!!!!  If that ain't enough to make you cry!!!  I thought I would have a chance to really say goodbye before we got in the cars but with all the moving of the luggage and daddy putting the kids in the car I really didn't get to hug them both to say I loved them and this hurt some.  But I thought that is okay since we will see them in two weeks to celebrate Easter with them and then I will hug and kiss them for sure before I leave!!!  Thanks for stopping by and enjoying the visit with my grandkids I am so glad you came.
xo
barb
The hardest thing is to give your heart to someone when they're not yours to keep.
author: Ashly Patton Picard

No comments: